Fans will experience a high-quality localized content feed in India, with commentary and graphics across five languages including, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada, along with English
Prime Video commentary team to include Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Zaheer Khan, Anjum Chopra, Gundappa Vishwanath, Venkatpathy Raju, among others
Programming to include pre, mid and post-match shows for game analysis
In a first for Prime Video India, the service introduces advertising during live cricket; signs-upAirtel Xstream Fiber as the presenting sponsor, MPL, Nescafé, Noise, OLX Autos, and Vida come on board as associate sponsors, brands including AMFI and DBS join as advertisers
MUMBAI, India – 11 November, 2022 – India’s most-loved streaming service, Prime Video, amps up the excitement around the much-anticipated India men’s tour of New Zealand beginning 18th November, with a series of announcements that are sure to delight fans. India and New Zealand, both of whom have had a good T20I campaign in Australia, will face-off in a limited overs series featuring three T20s and 3 ODIs that will be played between Nov 18th and Nov 30th. The series will be LIVE and exclusive only on Prime Video, the official India territory rights holder to exclusively stream all men’s and women’s cricket matches played in New Zealand.
Talking about the upcoming series, Sushant Sreeram, director – SVOD business, Prime Video, India said, “There are many things that are heterogenous about the delightfully diverse India when it comes to entertainment – be it choice of language, genres of shows and movies, devices that customers prefer watching their favourite entertainment on, and so much more. But there is one absolute unifier that everyone across the country is unanimously passionate about, and that’s cricket! With our slate of compelling shows and movies over the last 6 years, we have strived to super-serve our customers, and they have emphatically picked Prime Video as their most loved entertainment destination. Now with live cricket, made immersive and accessible with multi-language feeds, fantastic studio programming and a superb set of commentators to take us through the series, we are confident we are not just going to deliver on a superior experience for the legions of cricket fans in the country, but make Prime Video that much more exciting, delightful and the first choice of entertainment for everyone.”
“India and New Zealand have both been at the top of their white ball games in the recent past and we expect some explosive cricket in the coming weeks from two of the best teams in the world as the cricketing action now moves from Australia to New Zealand,” Sreeram added.
Prime Video will deliver live commentary and match-programming in English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu. Fans will also be treated to graphics in these languages. Former captains and cricketers like Ravi Shastri, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Gundappa Viswanath, Anjum Chopra, Venkatpathy Raju, among others, will be bringing the matches alive with their insightful commentary in different languages as India tries to set the record straight against New Zealand. The BlackCaps knocked the Men in Blue out of the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, and also defeated India in the inaugural World Test Championship final in 2021.
The full slate of commentators for the series includes the following names:
English – Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Anjum Chopra, Simon Doull and Murali Kartik, Gaurav Kapoor –(Presenter)
Hindi – Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Ajay Jadeja, Mohammad Kaif and Ajit Agarkar
Tamil – WV Raman, Hemang Badani and L Sivaramakrishnan, S Sriram
Kannada – Gundappa Viswanath, Veda Krishnamurthy, Shankar Prakash, Venkatesh Prasad, K Jeshwant
Telugu – Venkatpathy Raju, Sunitha Anand, Sudhir Malwvedi, Vijay Malwvedi
The cricket experience for the fans doesn’t stop here. Prime Video will also offer an English language live one-hour pre-show before each game. The mid-innings break will feature a 15 minute show which will be a recap of the first innings and preview of the second. The live programming also involves a 30 minute post-match presentation and analysis by Prime Video’s stable of cricket experts.
Curating a new viewing experience for live sports, Prime Video will offer customers new features like in-game language selector and “Rapid Recap”. The in-game language selector will allow customers to change language (e.g., English to Hindi) seamlessly without exiting the player. Customers joining a game in progress can catch-up on impactful game highlights using the “Rapid Recap” feature before transitioning to the live stream automatically.
India men’s tour of New Zealand will be the first LIVE cricket series on Prime Video to feature advertisements, helping brands reach Prime Video’s premium base of highly engaged customers, spread across the country. Prime Video welcomed Airtel Xstream Fiber as the presenting sponsor of the broadcast featuring the six limited overs international matches. Consumer brands like MPL, Nescafé, Noise, OLX Autos, and Vida have come on board as associate sponsors. In addition, brands like AMFI and DBS have also confirmed as advertisers.
To watch the matches, consumers can go to the Prime Video app on their respective devices where they will be able to find the live match featured on the home page. On Android and Smart TV devices they can select the Cricket tab in the top navigation. The landing page of the Cricket section will feature LIVE matches as well as full playbacks of previous matches. Consumers can choose a language stream of their choice to enjoy the match. The page will also feature the key highlights of the matches – Super Sixes and short highlights, for quick catch-up. Fans can stream these matches online through their web browser, mobile devices, internet-connected TVs, set-top-boxes, Fire TV sticks and other compatible devices. For a list of devices compatible with Prime Video, or to sign up, please visit primevideo.com.
As a part of the multi-year partnership, international men’s and women’s cricket matches played in New Zealand across all formats – will be available exclusively on Prime Video India.
ABOUT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers Prime members a collection of award-winning Amazon Original series, thousands of movies and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. Find out more at PrimeVideo.com.
● Included with Prime Video: The matches will be available alongside thousands of acclaimTV shows and movies across languages and geographies, including Indian films such as Shershaah, Soorarai Pottru, Toofaan, Sardar Udham, Gehraiyaan, Jai Bhim, Jalsa, Coolie No. 1, Gulabo Sitabo, Shakuntala Devi, Sherni, Hello Charlie, Cold Case, Narappa, Sara’s, Sarpatta Parambarai, Kuruthi, Joji, Malik, V, #HOME and Tuck Jagadish, along with Indian-produced Amazon Original series like The Family Man, Mirzapur, Made in Heaven, Four More Shots Please!, Mumbai Diaries 26/11, Suzhal – The Vortex, Modern Love Mumbai, Modern Love Hyderabad, Paatal Lok, Bandish Bandits, Hush Hush, Breathe: Into The Shadows, Guilty Minds, Comicstaan, Comicstaan Semma Comedy Pa and Inside Edge, and Amazon Original movies like Maja Ma and Ammu. Also included are popular global Amazon Originals like The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, The Terminal List, The Tomorrow War, Coming 2 America, Cinderella, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Reacher, Without Remorse, The Wheel of Time, American Gods, One Night in Miami, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Cruel Summer, Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and many more, available for unlimited streaming as part of a Prime membership. Prime Video includes content across Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi and Bengali. Prime Video subscription is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership for just ₹1499 annually. New customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime .
● Prime Video Mobile Edition: Consumers can also enjoy Prime Video’e exclusive content library including LIVE cricket with Prime Video Mobile Edition at ₹599 per year. This single-user, mobile-only annual video plan offers everyone access to high-quality entertainment exclusively on their mobile devices. Users can sign-up for this plan via the Prime Video app (on Android) or website.
● Instant Access: Prime Members can watch anywhere, anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV and multiple gaming devices. Prime Video is also available to consumers through Airtel and Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid subscription plans. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
● Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
● Video Entertainment Marketplace: In addition to a Prime Video subscription, customers can also purchase add-on subscriptions to other streaming services, as well as, get rental access to movies on Prime Video.
○ Prime Video Channels: Prime Video Channels offers friction-free and convenient access to a wide range of premium content from multiple video streaming services all available at a single destination – Prime Video website and apps. Prime Members can buy add-on subscriptions and enjoy a hassle-free entertainment experience, simplified discovery, frictionless payments and more.
○ Rent: Consumers can enjoy even more movies from new releases to classic favourites, available to rent – no Prime membership required. View titles available by visiting primevideo.com/store. The rental destination can be accessed via the STORE tab on primevideo.com and the Prime Video app on Android smart phones, smart-TVs, connected STBs and Fire TV stick.